Redefining DH

The first semester of the Digital Praxis Seminar was an inspiring invitation into the new age of scholarship. The lecture series set a compelling foundation for engaging the Digital Humanities, and opened a portal to possibility. The seminar led me to imagine how I could elevate my own scholarship in the midst of today’s Information Revolution. It challenged me to consider ways to overcome traditional text-based modes of humanities scholarship, and conceive of new mediums to give scholarship greater relevance and influence in mainstream society.
At the close of the first semester, I find myself reflecting heavily on the Digital Humanities. At the beginning of the semester when we were asked to define Digital Humanities, I had trouble coming up with a definition. As I attempt to redefine the field now, one word comes to mind: Possibility. The Digital Humanities is all about possibility. It’s about the possibility that comes from collaboration, creativity, problem solving, technology, scholarship, and innovation.
I am very excited to begin working on projects after the break! I look forward to seeing you all. All the best for a happy and healthy new year!